trepan2 - a gdb-like debugger for Python 2¶
trepan2 is a gdb-like debugger for Python. It is a rewrite of pdb from the ground up.
A command-line interface (CLI) is provided as well as an remote access interface over TCP/IP.
See ipython-trepan for using this in ipython or an ipython notebook.
An Emacs interface is available via realgud.
- Exact location information
- Debugging Python bytecode (no source available)
- Source-code Syntax Colorization
- Command Completion
- Terminal Handling
- Smart Eval
- More Stepping Control
- Event Tracing of Calls and Returns
- Debugger Macros via Python Lambda expressions
- Byte-code Instruction Introspection
- Debugger Command Arguments can be Variables and Expressions
- Out-of-Process Debugging
- Egg, Wheel, and Tarballs
- How to install
- Entering the Trepan Debugger
- Invoking the Debugger Initially
- Calling the debugger from IPython
- Calling the debugger from an Interactive Python Shell
- Calling the debugger from your program
- Calling the debugger from pytest
- Set up an exception handler to enter the debugger on a signal
- Set up an exception handler allow remote connections
- Startup Profile
- Command Syntax
- Trepan Command Reference
- Manual Pages